How this works: Comment with your favorite color and I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can get to know you better. Update your journal with the answers to the questions. Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions.
Got this from msantimacassar
, who asked me SIX questions, because she is a tough cookie!
1. What blue object from among your possessions would you say is your favorite?
Just one? That is HARD. I guess I'll go with the blue-glass-and-wood cross my friend gave me.
(And in second place -- come on, you knew I couldn't pick just one! -- this box
that another friend gave me for Christmas.)
2. If you could give one neglected book/show/movie universal recognition, what would it be?
I'm going to go with the film The Grass Is Greener
(1960), starring Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr, Jean Simmons, and Robert Mitchum. So, SO funny. Grant is at the top of his game, and Simmons turns in one of the greatest performances I've ever seen by any actress, anywhere.
3. What is your favorite book cover (or binding)?
I'm partial to this one
. So simple and beautiful -- and it has blue in it! :-)
4. If you had the chance of a scenic trip of a lifetime, would you choose to travel by train, boat, or car?
Train. Easier to concentrate on the scenery.
5. What is your dream cast for an adaption of A Tale of Two Cities
I'm going to answer that in a separate post. Stay tuned . . .
(Bonus tough one) 6. If you could see Charles Dickens face-to-face and ask him one question about anything, what would you choose?
I'll bet this one will surprise you. :-) I would say, "Mr. Dickens, would you please take out the part in Little Dorrit
where Amy asks Arthur to call her 'Little Dorrit' forever? Because honestly, it's just ridiculous."
Okay, so, you all know the drill -- comment with your favorite color if you want five questions!